Sunday, March 21, 2010

Morning Tofu/Citrus Smoothie

I actually measured things this morning and recorded their nutritional information... just because I am anal and do things like this.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1/5 pkg soft tofu
  • 1/4 cup V8 Acai Mixed Berry Juice
  • 1 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 1 cup orange juice w/ pineapple
  • 3 strawberries
  • 2 tbs super food
  • 2 tbs ground flaxseed

It is DELICIOUS. The tofu gets completely pulverized in the blender so don't let it scare you. It made me nervous too. ((You have to change its water everyday... like a damn plant. Uh weird.))
This recipe made ~32 oz of smoothie. Is this too much? I have no idea.

I added a little bit more liquid to this one than I normally do in the morning for 2 reasons.
1) I actually used a measuring cup
2) I only have so much space in the water bottle I cart to work

Nutritional Info:
Calories: 442
Fat: 14 g ((most of it is "good" fats - don't freak out on me))
Sodium: 210 mg
Carbs: 60 g
Sugars: 43 g
Fiber: 12 g
Protein: 24 g

1 comment: