Saturday, September 25, 2010

Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Loaf Pan


I lost my Williams-Sonoma virginity today. I have never ventured in there for fear of shameless running around and petting their handcrafted copper cookware and Kitchen Aid mixers. They were having a 15% off sale so it wasn't QUITE as $$$$ as expected.

I purchased a Pumpkin Loaf Pan and a Giant Cupcake Pan. Considering doing the Giant Cupcake for my brother's 21'st birthday on the 19th but may save it for
other occasions. I have something extra special in mind for his surprise.

Christien and I made the pumpkin bread recipe in the new pan and it turned out very well. Forgot to mention - bought their brand of baking spray. I, like a moron, didn't know the difference in baking vs cooking spray. Probably why my first pumpkin bread in class stuck to the pan so much. The baking spray worked stupendously and the bread was delicious.

We also cooked tie-dye cupcakes with butter cream icing, rainbow sprinkles and a cherry. Don't know what came over me today but all I've wanted to do is bake bake bake!




We dropped the cupcakes and bread off at his work so he and his coworker's Saturday night will hopefully be brightened with a bit of baked goods.


The recipe for the pumpkin bread is further down on my blog and the tie-dye cupcakes are under "Rainbow Tie-Dye Cake." It can be used for 8''x 12'' cakes, or 2 8'' cakes stacked, or cupcakes. Very moist, very colorful and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment